Add HTTP CustomHeader To Remote DataSet

Hello,

I found this feature, where it is possible to include custom http header to access/authorize an API.

Can somebody tell me, where I can configure these customHeaders, because I cannot find anything in the documentation.

CMS Version

Installation Method

Docker

Operating System

Windows

Hello and welcome to the Community. I have taken this to the dev team who have opened the following issue:

If however you need a fix before it is available in a release, we can provide you with some instructions later down the day if needed.

Thank you for your answer.
I used the following workaround:

I tried to access the mysql-database which apparently is on another container and edited the customHeaders right there for the specific dataSet. At least I was able to access the API, but still my customHeaders get overwritten with an empty String if I save something in the edit-dialog, due to the missing input field.

You can use the following instructions to pull the release23 container:

1. run docker-compose down if the containers are up
  2. Open the docker-compose.yml (or the cms_custom_ports.yml if you’re using that file to up your containers)
  3. Find the line under cms-web that specifies the docker image that is used to pull cms files, it should look like this : image: xibosignage/xibo-cms:release-2.3.9
  4. Change the image to release23 ie that line should be changed to:
    image: xibosignage/xibo-cms:release23
  5. run docker-compose pull
  6. run docker-compose up -d

You can then go to the Authentication tab and enter a comma separated string of custom HTTP headers here:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.