1.8 RC2 - Ticker - images from rss feed are not downloaded/displayed

1.8 RC2 - Ticker - images from rss feed are not downloaded/displayed

RSS font: http://feeds.feedburner.com/noticiasveja?format=xml

My source code:

<div class="image">[Link|image]
<div class="cycle-overlay">
<p style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 36px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-size:36px;">[Title].&nbsp;</span>[Description]&nbsp;Veja&nbsp;</p>
</div>
</div>

Your feed uses a Yahoo specific tag to represent the media media:content - see Media RSS Specification (Current)

Editor’s Note: This is a draft document that is still being proofread during the transition of Media RSS from Yahoo to the RSS Advisory Board. The official specification is at Yahoo is part of the Yahoo family of brands until this notice has been removed.

We do support non-standard tags, but unfortunately there is a :bug:

Tempel 1.8.1 solve this bug?
Regards.

Yes as far as I’m aware there’s no outstanding issues with this

Hello guys
Unfortunately it seems that the RSS feed is not bringing the images. I used version 1.8.1 docker with the feed http://feeds.feedburner.com/noticiasveja?format=xml

Works perfectly in version 1.7.9

Regards.

What are you showing from that feed?

<div class="image">[Link|image]
 <p style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 36px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span 
 style="font-size:36px;">[Title].&nbsp;</span>[Description]</p>
 </div>
 </div>

I would like to display the image with the title and description

CMS 1.7.9

Sorry for the delay - I am not sure why it worked in 1.7.9, the feed isn’t a “Media RSS” feed as it does not have enclosure types.

I can only assume the previous library we used in 1.7 handled it behind the scenes.

In any case you can select the first of the image contents by using this tag: [media:content|image|url], so your template becomes:

<div class="image">[media:content|image|url]
 <p style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 36px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-size:36px;">[Title].&nbsp;</span>[Description]</p>
 </div>
</div>

Thanks Dan

Layout working now.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Media RSS overlapping text