1.8.0-rc2 Resolution Not Found

We’ve just upgraded to 1.8.0-rc2. We’re having trouble accessing and editing layouts that existed prior to the upgrade.

On the “Layouts” page, choosing “Edit” on a Layout created before the upgrade results in the following:

Choosing “Design” has this result:

Layouts that were created after the upgrade behave as expected.

In troubleshooting, we took a look at the underlying database. In the “layout” table, the old layouts have values of 0 in “height” and “width”, while the new layouts have values corresponding to a resolution (1920 and 1080). If we manually modify a row with a SQL query to contain 1920X1080, the first error goes away for the modified layout and the Edit dialog appears to work as expected. However, the second error persists and we can still not access Design for the layout.

We did get one error while upgrading, which is described in this post: 1.7.8 to 1.8.0-rc2 Upgrade error. It may be related as it involves converting layouts in the database, or it may not.

I was wondering if anybody had encountered this issue and knew of a fix. Thanks, everyone.

This is definitely due to the step missed during the installation, which you reported here: 1.7.8 to 1.8.0-rc2 Upgrade error

I’ve replied to that topic and submitted a :bug: report

Thank you Dan, it looks like that is indeed the resolution. After applying the patches in that thread I can access and design pre-existing layouts.