1.8.0-rc2 Released

Originally published at: http://xibo.org.uk/2016/12/22/1-8-0-rc2-released/

We are proud to announce the release of our second release candidate for the 1.8 series of Xibo. The codename for this series is “Tempel”.

This release builds on the enhancements in 1.8.0-rc1 by fixing 43 issues/features. We are nearing our first stable 1.8 release and would appreciate anyone willing to try out 1.8.0-rc2.

Highlights:

• Improved Date/Time selectors
  • Tag Improvements for Filtering/Viewing
  • Tags for Campaigns
  • Various filtering and User Interface improvements
  • HLS Video Streaming Widget for W10+
  • Finance Widget templates for Stocks and Currencies
  • 21 bug fixes and stability improvements
Signage Players

This series contains new features relating to the communication between the CMS and the Players. To use this release you must use Xibo for Windows 1.8.0-rc2 or later or Xibo for Android R58 or later. The release notes are available in the manual and the download is available on GitHub.

Please Note: This is a release candidate and should not be used in production.

Xibo in the Cloud

1.8.0-rc2 is available on Xibo in the Cloud in all of our locations!
1 Like

Hi,
do you have any date for release of 1.8 ?

basically I need to set-up a new server with Xibo, if I install 1.8rc2 today, can I tehn later upgrade to the 1.8 offcial version ?

Nothing is set in stone yet, but it should be early next year.

Yes.

Is there any update on when a stable build will be released ?

RC3 is due out very soon. Several issues were found in RC2, which means we need an RC3 to see if those have been properly addressed.

Once we’re confident that the majority of issues are ironed out, the stable release will come.

Awesome - looking forward to it coming out :slight_smile:

@alex, can we run PHP7 with RC2? I looked in the release notes, and didn’t see anything, so I assume the CMS libraries still require 5.6?

Thanks!
Nathan

Correct. PHP 5.6 is still required. This is what we provide in the Docker images.

When 7 compatibility is there, we’ll push the Docker images up to use that as there should be a performance benefit to that.

@alex, Great!, thanks for confirming. Maybe others will see this comment, and not bug you - LOL

Cheers
N