Xtr and cron on centos 7

hello!

i set up a cron to run as apache as suggested in the manual. i have a problem where cron is running the xtr.php multiple times so over the course of a few days i have 300 xtr processes running.

anyone run into this? much thanks

Thank you for your enquiry. XTR should only take a short period of time to run, it is possible that there is an issue with the configuration of your XMR, which may be causing the problem. If you can send me a private screenshot of the Tasks page in your CMS as well as the Log page, I can see if there is anything in there that may explain the issue you are having.

Thank you for sending me your Tasks and Logs screenshots. Looking at the logs you have sent through, all 5 actions were refused by the XMR, however there is confirmation it is connected. This would suggest a configuration issue with your XMR. I would recommend taking another look at your XMR to make sure nothing has been misconfigured. Below I have included a link to the XMR setup manual for reference.

https://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_xmr.html

As a side note, I noticed that there are also 2 errors regarding 2 layouts having an empty region. Whilst you may already know, I thought it would be a good idea to mention that the layouts will fail to play if 1 or more regions does not contain content.

thanks i ran xmr.phar manually and it said i had no config.json file. I had it in xibo/bin but it wanted it in xibo/vendor/xibosignage/bin or something.

that seems to have resolved the XTR problem as well as now that cron entry terminates (i assume successfully) soon after its run
no more lines in the log much appreciated!

1 Like

You do need to have XMR start as a service somehow. The CMS won’t run it for you.