XMR not responding, Can't remotely reboot player

Hi there,

We were using Xibo before with it hosted on your cloud while we we’re trying it out and we liked it, so we hosted it ourselves. We were able to remotely reboot our players before hand but now we can’t.

The only error I’ve been able to find is XMR not responding.

This is our XMR settings, we checked the address and that is working.

We are able to reboot the players remotely by embedding the command in a layout and scheduling it, so the command is correct.

We are all out of ideas so we made a forum post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl

Could you tell us what exact CMS and player versions are you using please?

Screenshot of the player status window would be helpful as well.

Assuming that you have XMR configured and working, it might be just the case of doing the following:
Displays page -> Edit display -> Advanced tab -> Reconfigure XMR
(Wait for the player to re-connect to the CMS according to collection interval / restart the player)

Check if the commands will work

You can also check that with request screenshot, as with working xmr it should arrive pretty much instantly (ie request screenshot refresh displays page and it should be there already).

Thanks for the quick reply.

Right, we are on CMS version 1.8.4 and the newest player version on your site.

We have tried to reconfigure XMR already, I will reboot the player now and get back to you.

As for the screenshots it takes around 1 minute.

Player rebooted, but still won’t reboot through XMR

Hi there Peter,

Any update on this issue?

Is it docker installation or manual/custom one?

If it is docker installation, then I’d expect it to work, assuming that address in XMR public address id correct and players can reach it.

If it is manual custom instalaltion, then zeroMQ and then XMR needs to be installed/enabled and configured https://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_xmr.html

In this case you will also want to be running all the time, preferably with a task.

If it is docker, then what does docker ps -a and docker-compose logs show?

Presumably you have collection interval set to 1 min.

We’re using docker.

command docker ps -a outputs:

command docker-compose logs outputs:

Yes we set the collection interval to 1 min.

Thanks,

Carl