Xibo Windows Player (v2-R200) crashes... due to Xibo Watchdog?

Hi all,

We are experiencing that Xibo Player on Windows 10 crashes, I think due to the Watchdog (if I rename XiboClientWatchdog.exe to XiboClientWatchdogD.exe, for example, it is not run and also the player does not crash).

The player info screen shows the message: “Se produjo una excepción de tipo NetMQ.NetMQException”

Please, can you help us? Thanks in advance!

Thank you for your message. Can you answer the following questions please:

• What version of the Xibo for Windows Player are you using?
  • What version of Windows is it installed on?
  • Where are you seeing the error and can you post a screenshot of this please?

Many Thanks.

Please disregard the version of the Player Question, I have now seen it in the title of your post.

Many Thanks.

Thank you DanBW.

• Xibo CMS 2.0.4
  • Wibo Windows Player on Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

Hi again.

Find attached another screenshot with a Watchdog error from Xibo CMS: “Activity threshold exceeded. There are 1 precesses”.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your messages and screenshots, apologies for my delayed reply.

Your NetMQ error is likely to be related to the fact that your XMR service is not working at the moment, I can see in your Status screenshot that it is showing as disconnected. If your XMS service has been configured and set up and so is expected to work, I would recommend checking the configuration again.

The Activity threshold error in your second screenshot would suggest that there was more than one Xibo Player process running on that PC, so your Watchdog Application has closed that extra process. Can you confirm how many Xibo Players you have installed on that PC?

Many Thanks.

Thank you for your response.

Your NetMQ error is likely to be related to the fact that your XMR service is not working at the moment, I can see in your Status screenshot that it is showing as disconnected. If your XMS service has been configured and set up and so is expected to work, I would recommend checking the configuration again.

We have installed the CMS form docker and also with manual installation. We can take for example screenshots from Xibo Windows Player from the CMS, but I´ve just realized we didn´t adjust the XMR public address of the CMS. I´ve adjusted this value with the CMS IP address and 9505 port. Gonna check the player behavior after this change and inform you. Anything else related with XMR service I can check?

The Activity threshold error in your second screenshot would suggest that there was more than one Xibo Player process running on that PC, so your Watchdog Application has closed that extra process. Can you confirm how many Xibo Players you have installed on that PC?

No, there is only 1 Xibo player and also 1 Xibo Watchdog running (as checked also in task manager).

Thanks again!

Thank you for the information and for setting up XMR, this should stop the NetMQ errors and help to narrow down what is causing the Player to crash. The Activity threshold error is particularly odd if you only have 1 Player process and watchdog process shown in Task Manager, we will have to see if that happens again in the future.

As a test, I would recommend enabling Auditing on your Display and monitoring it to see when it next closes unexpectedly. Once you have a time and date for the close, you can check the Logs around that time to see if there are any other errors your Display is generating when the issue occurs.

To enable Auditing on your Display, simply go to the Displays option in your CMS, click the button at the end of the entry for this Display and choose Edit. In the Edit Display window that opens, go to the Advanced tab and set a date for the future in the Auditing Until fields and save to confirm.

Many Thanks.

Thank you very much, DanBW.

The Display is being currently audited, so I´m going to let it run for some days and check its behavior. Hope to tell you soon that everything works ok! :slight_smile:

Regards

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll wait to hear from you on how it performs and what errors are generated when the issue occurs.

Many Thanks.