Xibo Windows Client 1.7.7 Blank Screen

Similar to Xibo shows black background after some hours

I have had version 1.7.7 running for months and suddenly I am getting a black screen with no scheduled content and not even the default layout.

The same layouts are scheduled every day, all week and it will run for days and then stop working.

All layouts are static JPG artwork.

Internet connection is cellular so it could occasionally drop out and I expect the system to tolerate this.

Any ideas?

First thing is to empty client player cache allways. And check validity of CMS host if reachable.
Or at times your android box if you use that has failed. Downhere we had all from cheap unreliable free hoster to sabotaged boxes. But mostly:

1. empty your cache
  2. look if connected, list the satus on client to check for.
  3. hoster in the air.
  4. got LAN / WIFI up
  5. motherboard failure
  6. source content temporarily/definitely not more available resulting in invalid layout.

While Rob’s points are valid, you can also send us a screenshot of status window on your device it should shed some light on the issue.

I think I saw this in another post, but no definitive resolution…

UI Thread|10/20/2016 6:32:11 AM|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\User\Documents\Xibo Library\57.xlf’ because it is being used by another process.

UI Thread|10/20/2016 6:32:11 AM|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Layout Change to C:\Users\User\Documents\Xibo Library\57.xlf failed. Exception raised was: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\User\Documents\Xibo Library\57.xlf’ because it is being used by another process.

Right, this error, so the best way would be to update both CMS and Windows client to 1.7.9.
It should be fixed in that version.