XIBO SERVER.log too large and lot of xiboserver-bin files

XIBO SERVER.log too large and lot of xibo server-bin files that allocated almost 40GB what can i do to clear these logs?

Any advice ?

Thanks

Stratis

You can truncate logs table (even in web ui), you most likely do not have maintenance correctly configured, so that’s something to look at.

If those are error logs files, then it could imply that you do have global debugging on for a long period of time, could be good to switch it off.

hi thanks for your answer , how can i truncate them? i think that they are not error logs because the Xiboserver.err is 227K

how can i disable the global debugging ?

is it safe to delete ol these XIBOSERVER-bin.000xx files?

From the CMS → Logs page → Truncate, but I don’t think that will delete those files though.

debugging, CMS → Report Fault page → Turn off debugging or
Settings → Troubleshooting tab

I believe yes.

Connect to your MySQL and issue the commands:

TRUNCATE log;
OPTIMIZE TABLE log;

That should clear up any log records in the database.

Please also see Maintenance section of this topic - https://community.xibo.org.uk/t/xibo-cms-post-installation-setup-guide/522

OK i turn off debugging …

XIBOSERVER-bin.000xx files located under C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\Data (windows server) , I have issued the commands:TRUNCATE log;&OPTIMIZE TABLE log; with no results and new files are created continuously …!!!

Have a look here - https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/purge-binary-logs.html

You will know how to purge those .bin files as well as setting to make it automatic in the future - it’s mysql creating those files not Xibo itself.

Thanks !!! Will do it ,

I also stopped the “mysql” and rename the XIBO SERVER.log was 16GB, the “mysql” create the file again without problems… it seems that works ok…

the problem has been resolved with following bat files

1st fro XIBOSERVER.log (Ren_Del_XiboserverLOG.bat)

net stop mysql57
cd C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\Data
ren XIBOSERVER.log XIBOSERVER.XXX
net start mysql57
del XIBOSERVER.XXX

2nd for .bin files path : C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin (PURGEBINARYLOGS.bat)
mysql -uroot -ppassword xibo -e “PURGE BINARY LOGS BEFORE NOW()”