Xibo Player only playing 5/23 slides

Our Xibo Players on both Windows 7 and 10 are only playing 5/23 slides. It seems to crash after the 5th slide by going to a black screen and then restarting from 1st slide.

I’ve confirmed that only one XiboClient and XiboClientWatchdog process is running. Rebooting the PC does not resolve this problem. Neither does renaming the XiboClientWatchdog.exe file as suggested in one of the posts.

On both OS, I’m getting Sysem IO.IOException; The process cannot access the file “c:…\Xibo Lbrary\status.json” because it is being used by another process…

and Killing process - process count threshold exceeded.

I tried to press i on the player but the pc just beeps at me and brings up no information.

We are running vs 1.8.1.

I would first recommend upgrading your Xibo for Windows Player to the latest version, which is 1.8.10 -132. Many Bug fixes have been applied since 1.8.1, which may help to resolve your issue.

If the issue persists after upgrading your Player, please let me know.

Many Thanks.

I’ve just downloaded install the lasted version and installed it after uninstalling 1st.

Still crashing after 5th slide.

Event log :- after installation of latest version
Log Name: Application
Source: .NET Runtime
Date: 19/11/2018 2:36:34 PM
Event ID: 1026
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: blahblah
Description:
Application: XiboClient.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
at System.Collections.ArrayList+ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit(System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs)
at XiboClient.Program.HandleUnhandledException(System.Object)
at XiboClient.Program.TaskScheduler_UnobservedTaskException(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.PublishUnobservedTaskException(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
blahblah

Application: XiboClient.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
at System.Collections.ArrayList+ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit(System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs)
at XiboClient.Program.HandleUnhandledException(System.Object)
at XiboClient.Program.TaskScheduler_UnobservedTaskException(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.PublishUnobservedTaskException(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()

Xibo watch dog has the message

Too many active processes.

I did kill Xibo and Xibo watchdog before restarting Xibo.

I’ve also renamed the xibo watchdog exe in bot x86 and x64. The watchdog is not running but he crashing still occurring.

Also, it looks like XiboClientWatchDog is running the 32bit version.

I’ve got a 64bit OS. Maybe that’s why it’s crashing?

Is there a way to force it to run the 64bit version?

You have more than one XIbo player running by the sounds of it.

Xibo Player is 32 bit so running the 32 bit Watchdog is correct.

You need to look in your Task Manager, and kill any Xibo related processes, then start the Xibo Player directly (never the watchdog).

I have done that several times. I’ve even restarted the PC. It still crashes after 5th slide.

When you say “crash”, you mean it exits and goes back to the Windows desktop? Or it just restarts the layout over again?

Please can you start with a simple layout with just a single image on it, and then work up to the layout you have and see at what point the issue occurs?

Keep in mind the Windows Player doesn’t support any regions which overlap at all.

it just restarts the layout over again

I’ve just notice that we have duration time on the layout. When I try to change the time, I’m getting this error message

Sorry we could not find that page. Please check your URL or press back in your browser

Page not found

I’ve checked, the URL is correct.

Is this on a self-hosted installation?

Have you got “web” in the URL you use to access the CMS at all?

Yes. The website is on wordpress running a plugin called slider. The URL works fine on it’s own and all the slides run through fine on a browser.