Xibo player Exception in run "could not locate requiredfiles.xml

Hello,
I’m trying to set up a simple xibo setup, with player and CMS in the same machine under Windows 8.
Im using a windows user with admin rights. the xibo CMS library and player library are in a diferent location.

The player logs in the CMS and says “Display is active and ready to Start” (in the player options).

In the CMS displays, i see the player correctly logged and licensed. I can see an exclamation mark with “The display is out of date. but it´s not yet checked with the server” (or something like it). The ip shows “::1”

The player keeps the welcome window and pressing i i can see an error saying that doesnt load/find requiredFiles.xml.

What i tried;
-Change the xibo player version.
-Change the xibo player library location.
-Edit the php.ini always_populate_raw_post_data’ to '-1

This is a log from the player;
UI Thread|16/03/2017 12:21:25|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: Default layout
LibraryAgent|16/03/2017 12:21:25|Error|LibraryAgent - Run|Exception in Run: No se pudo encontrar el archivo ‘C:\xibolib\requiredFiles.xml’.
UI Thread|16/03/2017 12:21:25|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Layout Change to failed. Exception raised was: Default layout
UI Thread|16/03/2017 12:21:35|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: Default layout

What else can i do?
Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo.

PS. Hello everyone, just my first post, sorry that is asking for help instead of saying hello.

*EDIT
Just tried to connect with another machine running xibo player 1.7.9 and windows 10 and i have the same issue (except that it shows the ip of the machine correctly).

Another try;
I successfully managed to start the Player in another computer, let the player download all the needed files and copied the files to the server’s player library directory, and works. But it doesnt update in any way, i still have this error;
SchedulemanagerThread[17/03/2017 10:20:38]Error]Schedule - OnScheduleManagerCheckComplete[Agent threads are dead, not updatin status.json

*EDIT
And, if i delete everything in the player’s library, i come back to the start point.

SchedulemanagerThread|17/03/2017 10:20:38|Error|Schedule - OnScheduleManagerCheckComplete|Agent threads are dead, not updatin status.json
LibraryAgent|16/03/2017 12:21:25|Error|LibraryAgent - Run|Exception in Run: No se pudo encontrar el archivo ‘C:\xibolib\requiredFiles.xml’.
UI Thread|16/03/2017 12:21:25|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: Default layout
UI Thread|16/03/2017 12:21:25|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Layout Change to failed. Exception raised was: Default layout
UI Thread|16/03/2017 12:21:35|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: Default layout

Just to be extra clear, CMS library and player library MUST be separate.

The library in just root C, might need extra permissions as well, is there any reason as of why you don’t want to use the default player library path ie C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Xibo Library ?

Yes, they are in different locations (The CMS library is inside my xampp folders)

No, there´s no reason, its just another try i did. I changed to default and i still have the same issue.

I didnt read anything about it in the forum, but just in case, i did a clean unninstall of the player (deleting the config files that are stored in roamming directory) and reinstalled.

I still get the same error.

Is the user that you’re using an administrator on this PC?

If you navigate to the player library folder, is there a requiredFiles.xml in there?

Yes, i dont have other users in this pc, and it´s an Admin user.
No, there´s no requiredFiles.xml in the folder.

Could you check if you have fully qualified path to your CMS library in CMS settings?

More information on it under ‘Library location’ section of this post https://community.xibo.org.uk/t/xibo-cms-post-installation-setup-guide/522

Could you double check that this line is not commented out (no ; before that line)?
Also did you restart your web server after this change was made?

Yes, it is fully qualified (starts with the drive letter and it works with the other player in another computer, also i can upload files to the library and work with them, and the other player donwloads the files).

And yes, the php line is not commented. Also i´ve restarted the computer several times (not only the web server).

In this case, could be please navigate to the ‘Report Fault’ page, make sure that there are no ‘X’ there and enable CMS debugging.

Then navigate to the Displays page -> edit your display -> advanced tab -> enable auditing

Then restart your player and try to connect it to your CMS.

Navigate to the Logs page in CMS and look for error logs from your player.

You might want to also double check that everything is correct with your filesystem permissions in xampp

I get this…

log.pdf (50.2 KB)

Alsoo, what do you mean with my filesystem permissions in xampp??

EDIT
I installed and run my xamp with an admin user, and thats the same that´s running everything in the computer.
I checked the htdocs directory where XIBO is installed, and this user has full rights in the directory (its that what you said?)

Ok, another test and it seems to be a partial success;
I had the latest XAMP version. I unninstalled everything, and downloaded an older version, reinstalled everything, did the patchings to php to fix the issues,and now, my player is running.

I still get the “Threads are death” error in the player, and the X sign in the CMS Display Status (saying “Player is downloading files”).

But somehow, it´s working.

It will be nice to fix this, but as long as it works, i would not complain at all.