Xibo.net client not displaying scheduled item on different user accounts

Hello,

I am using the latest version of the Xibo.net client (1.7.5), which I have set up with the CMS address and key on the administrator account onto a PC. This displays the set content correctly. However, if I log on to the same PC using another user account the Xibo client pops up but does not display the scheduled content. Is there a file I need to edit on that login in order to force the scheduled content to display or is this something that has to be forced in the control panel somewhere? I can see that there are instructions for installing multiple versions of the Xibo client on one machine but i’m under the impression that you would set this up to change between a series of scheduled events without having to alter the schedule on the admin panel.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin

Hi Martin,

The configuration of Xibo is saved against the current user rather than system wide. If you wanted to make it so that you have the same default configuration for ever user you would have manually adjust those settings in the player installation folder default.config.xml file.

Check your client’s libary folder’s location setting. Is the library folder in a location that’s private to the Admin-level user? If so, adjust your library folder setting to point to a neutral location.

Oh. I got ninja’d by dan, who had a better answer too.

1 Like

to my horror there doesn’t appear to be a :ninja: emoticon!

1 Like

Thanks all, I found the .exe file for the Xibo client options before reading this and had to set the folder to run as administrator to force it to work. I have a few displays where editing the default.config.xml file is the most sensible option.

Thanks,
Martin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 47 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.