Xibo Docker Migration V2.0.1

Hey Guys,
I’ve been crawling through the forums to find a step-by-step way to migrate xibo from one physical server to another. Are their any instructions to migrate your XIBO installation from CENTOS 7 to another machine?

I’ve already copied all the files but when i try bringing it up, it dosent appear to be working.

Thanks for your message.

You need to stop or down the containers on the source server.

Copy the complete /opt/xibo or wherever the installation was made over to the new server. Ensure Docker is installed per the installation guide, and then up the containers.

It may be that you’re already running a webserver on the new server and that is preventing Xibo from binding to port 80. Similarly if you were using a reverse proxy on the old server you’d need to copy that configuration over too.

Thanks Alex, I’ve did as you suggested ( however i’m using the custom ports yml).

Now the containers did come up, however im getting this error when trying to access the site.

Blockquote
Fatal Error - sorry this shouldn’t happen. SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name does not resolve

Any idea what this means?

Update. I found the issue. I seemed to had an incomplete copy of the DB. I re copied all the folders and it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.