Xibo CMS 3.0.0-rc3 Released

We are pleased to announce the release of our third release candidate for the 3.0 version of Xibo. The codename for this version is “Finlay”.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.xibo.org.uk/3-0-0-rc3-released/
2 Likes

Thanks to Xibo development team for their efforts.

Yet, I still say it again that the one biggest leap will be to separate between the layout and schedule. I was so frustrated to have missed an opportunity to bring a heavy weight client in. The reason is, creating an endless number of instances of one layout just because many tens of the deployed devices each will have to display continuously changing streams of content.

I have seen and tested digital signage software wherein the schedule, no matter how busy or heavy it was, worked flawlessly; sending streams to any device based on the current active layout and selected zone! Totally independent of the layout-schedule tie-in. By this, my client will have no problem running hundreds of devices using one and only one layout while each device is receiving its own content.