Xibo CMS 2.3.4 Released

We are pleased to announce our fourth patch for the 2.3 version of Xibo. The codename for this version is “Wolf”.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.xibo.org.uk/2-3-4-released/

Hi, nice patch, fully deployed on my server.
So, primary, I would like to apologize for my poor english, I’m french and will try my best.

The latest version is fully deployed on my main server and I give some experience to my future customers by user limited accounts. So when they go to the designer (layout) page, one of them send me mail with screenshot. It seems the bottom widget toolbar has strange behavior.
The widget toolbar is showing widgets in hide state (only the top-half of widget is visible) and it reported a bug when clicking on “add multiple widgets” by positionning on the left the audio widget without possibility to validate him.
Even the layout is deleted, creating new layout brings my customer to the same state, with no possibility to add some widget on the area, cause the widget option on the left size is already deployed and not functional (stucked) without opportunity to rollback or do something else to come back to primary state of the widget toolbar with the “windows” button.
The magnifier button is hidden behind and no possibility to click on it.
The behavior is the same, even browser used (chrome, mozilla, edge, safari…).
How can I unstuck my customer ?

Thank you for posting, unfortunately we have identified a bug which affects both the Playlist and Layout editor, with our team currently working on a fix:

Thanks for feedback Natasha.
So do you know how many time to setup a fix ?

In addition to the bug that partially hides the list of widgets, we have a behavior that blocks other options by clicking on the “Layout Designer Tools” button. Once clicked, there is no possibility to come back to other option because the choice overflows other buttons in back.
I just found a solution by zooming inside the browser window into the maximum that permits to find a little area to click on the “library search” button and call back the toolbar in normal state with the 3 buttons “Library search”, “Layout options”, “Layout widgets”.

I identified a css rule : “.toolbar-widget-pane” and applied some rule “height: 65px” in the override.css file located on my custom theme folder. Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to have some result, the behavior still the same.

We hope to get things finalised and have a release by the end of this month.

So we can further investigate your other issue could I ask that you open a separate help topic and provide screenshots so that we have a clearer understanding of what is happening.

Thank you