Xibo client stops working - black screen

OK so we need to understand what it is about the page you’re loading that prevents the player moving on as it does for other URLs.

So what is it about that page? You say it’s on a 15 second refresh? How is that achieved?

After 15 seconds the player loads another layout. I have no layouts with multiple regions, only one region for each layout. Multiple layouts, that I can schedule when I want to see, and for how long. Each layout duration is set to 10 - 15 or 20 sec.

Surely that’s what it’s supposed to do though?

If you set the duration to 15 seconds then it will show for 15 seconds and then move on.

Your earlier message implied that the page you’re loading automatically refreshed itself every 15 seconds. If that’s not the case then we still need to understand what it is about that particular page is preventing the player from moving to the next media item when it works OK with other URLs.

Sorry, my fault if I explained wrong.
The duration is set to 15 sec, then load a new layout. After upgrading, it only loaded the the same layout with the url, instead of moving on to the next layout.
I don’t understand what’s so special with the html page I try to load. It’s a very simple page.

You’re certain it loaded the same layout over and over as opposed to got stuck on that single webpage?

If so it could be a problem with that layout and the webpage itself has nothing to do with it.

Yes. Because the page is a “live” list over ongoing rescue missions, and the page has to be reloaded to update the list. Since the page changed thru the day, it had to reload the same layout

OK, so back to the start.

We need to be able to reproduce this locally to fix it, so what is it about that page that breaks the Player?

Ok. The url is 10.xxx.xxx.146/110-operator/aktive_hendelser.asp
The page is behind firewalls, so only allowed url’s gets access the page. I understand this can be difficult for you to reproduce locally. That’s why I’m offering to to access the player with Teamviewer.

But I can just downgrade to 1.7.3 for now, and problem is temporarily solved

The problem isn’t solved though, because you upgraded to 1.7.4 because 1.7.3 will freeze on a black screen when using embedded webpages. That was identified and fixed in 1.7.4.

I appreciate the teamviewer access, but it won’t help as all we’ll see is what you describe. There’s no way for us to then see why the Player is doing what it is.

We need to know what’s in that HTML page so it can be reproduced locally.

But If I give you Teamviewer access and the complete url, you can open the url in a browser and see the source?

That still isn’t going to get that page loaded in to a debugging session on a development machine. Without that we have no way to know why it’s not working.

How about this.

Save a copy of your page locally on your network somewhere, then load that new URL in to the Player and check it still causes a problem. If it does, then let us have those files.