Xibo and Docker on Windows Server 2016 cant access any part of Xibo

Hi All,

Recently I’ve restarted our server which is hosting the docker and xibo programs and such however upon restart I also updated docker for windows to 2.1.0.0.

At the moment I cannot access Xibo at all, not even with http://localhost on the server running docker and xibo.

I have backed up the shared folder and deleted it entirely and then brought the containers back up but still nothing. I can’t access anything.

The closest I have gotten has brought me to “Fatal Error - sorry this shouldn’t happen. SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name does not resolve”

I’m starting to tear my hair out over this, has anyone for any ideas?

Thank you.

I have successfully installed Xibo manually on a MS Server 2016 server with all the latest updates. The only part I didn’t try to upgrade was the SQL server as it was recommended not to. You can find my installation notes on another posted message.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I don’t really need a fresh install as we already had Xibo installed and working.

However my problems started after restarting the server it was hosted on and then docker updating.

I’m not too sure if both of these caused the issues, ive checked and the mysql server is up and running and the database is still in there.

With docker we have the D: drive shared which host the xibo and docker files (docker-compose, config.env, shared folder, etc) I have backed that whole folder up, grabbed a fresh xibo install and just did docker-compose up and then docker-compose start and nothing, I try going to http://localhost and it just says can’t reach this page.

I don’t know if I can be of any help here since my installation was performed manually without the use of the docker installation. All I can suggest perhaps is to check your log files and confirm if all the settings are still set correctly.

If you examine my notes I did for my manual installation it might help pinpoint the key areas to look for potential problems. Just bear in mind that I chose to place my files in different folders so the paths will be different.

Andre