XIBO 1.8.5 with Dociker installed on ubuntu 16.04 is accessable only internally, but when access from internet, not reachable

XIBO 1.8.5 with Dociker installed on ubuntu 16.04 is accessable only internally, but when access from internet, not reachable. I change the port 80:81 in cms_custom-ports.yml. so that i can access with no ip, but no luck… kindly guide me how to configure to access it from internet. ( port forwarding al ready been done in the router). f

You have something else running on port 80? Not that it matters, its just a bit strange.

You can access it via the IP address when you are on the host machine? on the LAN? If so there is nothing Xibo or Docker side preventing access externally - so I would suggest that it is most likely a firewall or something similar

Hi Dan, thanks for reply, i am novice in linux platform, but good on windows. Anyway, I installed it on ubuntu 16.04 and installation went perfectly fine and in fact i can access it through local ip. but my concern is that since we have not made any changes in default internal port (80), that is why no issue while accessing it internally, but to access from internet, having this issue. i have completely disable the firewall infact in the system sudo ufw disable. but no luck. can you tell me some more if any other files are there to change the ports no, or in the same file which i mentioned earlier, something else need to be done.

One more thing i want to add, the ubuntu installation was done on oracle virtual box running on windows 10 pro.

If I were you I would keep it at port 80 as this makes things much simpler moving forwards - as you won’t have to append the port number to each request. But of course it is up to you.

If you can access by IP address on the local IP, then I would suggest that you’re looking for a problem with your port forwarding.

This is not really our area of expertise and is really a topic outside of Xibo. I would suggest you might get better results searching for topics related to port forwarding.