Xibo 1.6.1 client won't even show default layout. missing requiredFiles.xml and Layout Invalid

Hi! I’m trying to run the Xibo server 1.6.1 on a Windows 2003 server, and the client on Windows 10 machine. The client won’t even play anything. Hitting ‘i’ gets me the following errors

LibraryAgent - Run = Exeption in Run: Could not find file 'C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Xibo\Xibo Digital Signage\2.0.0.0*requiredFiles.xml*
ScheduleManager - Load New Schedule = Layout invalid:0
ScheduleAgent - Run = Exception in Run: this display client is not licensed
RequiredFilesAgent - Run = Exception in Run: this display is not licensed.

Looking up advice from this forum on similar topics:

"Edit the php.ini always_populate_raw_post_data’ to '-1"
On mine it said “On”. There was a ‘;’ in front. I deleted the ‘;’ and tried it again with both On and Off. No result

"Confirm that the layout has at least one Area and no areas are empty."
It was the Default layout. Just to be sure, I deleted all areas, then put in one area and entered some text. The little icon under “Status” says this layout is ready to play.

"Confirm you have a fully qualified path to your CMS library in CMS settings"
I’m running XAMPP 1.6.1. I was able to Register the display with the server with no problem. The key is correct, as is the path.

"Are you an administrator?"
Yes, on both the client and the server.

"What is the local library path"
I left it default.

I looked in the folder. It really is empty. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it never appeared.

I’m stumped. Any thoughts?

You must license the client in the “Display” menu. Edit the screen and license it there.

1 Like

Yep, that fixed it. Thank you!