WPF R252-5 Doesn't load UHD images

Player Version

WPF R252-5

Issue

Player won’t download UHD images. Has no issues loading up to FHD (1920x1080) images.

Repro

Create a 4k UHD layout.
Assign a UHD (3840x2160) background image.
Player will download all content except for the image.
Player will emit the following error “MainForm - PrepareLayout Unable to set background: C:\XiboLibrary\47.jpg”

When checking the display’s media, the UHD image is never downloaded. It just sits there forever.

Screenshot

If anyone has any ideas as to what I can try to get UHD images to load I would appreciate it.

Hi and welcome.

This probably isn’t something specific to the Windows Player - rather the CMS settings might need some adjustment.

There is a image size limit and a resize threshold which you can configure in CMS settings which determines the maximum sizes of images that will be sent out to Players.

The little cogs in your screenshot mean that the image uploaded is waiting for resize - meaning it triggered one of those limits.

You can find out a bit more about that here: https://xibo.org.uk/docs/setup/resizing-images

Thanks

I had originally thought the same thing.

I had increased the limits in the CMS and restarted both the CMS and the player, but that did not seem to help.

I did not try deleting the image and re-uploading it. I will try that and see if the issue persist.

I should also note that everything shows up in the layout designer just fine and the layout reports ready, I know it usually tells you when it’s doing some image resizing for the layout.

The thing that makes me say that is the cogs on the file download list:

Do you have XTR running? Nothing will resize without that background process regularly running tasks.

Pretty sure XTR is running. CMS is installed on Ubuntu via Docker v2.3.

I can remember having some other images resize and load with no issues but they were not full UHD.

I’m going to try removing the hung media and re-upload it since I updated the resize settings after the media was loaded and see if that resolves the issue.

Removing the UHD image and re-uploading resolved the issue with the change in the image resizing settings. The player loaded the UHD images with no issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.