Windows players won't display layouts with jpg files in regions

Hi

I recently updated from 2.1.2 to 2.2.0 (Docker running on Ubuntu server). Since the update, my players won’t display layouts that have a jpg file in a region. I have tried the following:

• Solid colour background, jpg in a region over the top > Player displays xibo splash screen.
  • Solid colour background, png in a region over the top > Player displays layout.
  • Solid colour background, mp4 in a region over the top > Player displays layout.
  • Solid colour background, text in a region over the top > Player displays layout.
  • jpg set as background, jpg in region over the top > Player displays xibo splash screen.
  • jpg set as background, png in a region over the top > Player displays layout.
  • jpg set as background, mp4 in a region over the top > Player displays layout.
  • jpg set as background, text in a region over the top > Player displays layout.

They all display fine if I preview them on the CMS. I have tried two different players, one is running windows 2 R200-200 and the other windows 2 R201-201, both respond the same way. I have checked the local library, and they are downloading the files okay.

I am a bit stumped as to where to look now. Any ideas?

Hi NSCJon! Can you confirm the resolution of your JPEG image please if you open the Properties option for the file? Alternatively, are you able to provide a copy of the image so I can take a closer look?

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW

After lots more fiddling, I have worked out that it is not the jpg files, but the dimensions of the files. The layout in question was a standard 1920 x 1080 HD layout. I was adding a 4K jpg to it (3840 x 2160). on 1.8.2, this has always worked fine, xibo just scales it down to the size of the layout, but on 2.0.2, it seems to break it. I also tried with a 4K png, which results in the same thing.

Am i missing something with the new version? I know there are a lot of differences between the old 1.8.2 and version 2.x.

Hi NSCJon, thanks for the information. I suspected the image resolution may be the explanation.

Can you post a screenshot of the actual dimensions shown in the properties for the images so I can confirm if they are indeed 3840x2160 or if they are in fact larger than this. Alternatively you could send me a copy of the image so I can take a look.

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW

I made the file myself, so know that it really is that size, but have attached a screenshot to show you.

Thank you for showing the resolution of the image. Images are indeed handled differently in Version 2 CMS compared to 1.8.2, including the way they are scaled. The images nonetheless should have been re-scaled for your Layout.

Are you able to send me a copy of the Layout and image in a private message so I can test on my own Windows Player?

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW

Have sent a PM

This is an update regarding this issue. The issue was related to a bug in 2.2.0 which was resolved with the release of 2.2.1. If any Users are also encountering this issue on a Version 2 CMS, please ensure you upgrade to 2.2.1 (or above if you are reading this message at a much later date than it was published).

Many Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.