Windows player 1.8.1 crashes when displaying PowerBi embedded reports websites

Hi all,

First I want to thanks for this excellent tool and for sharing it.

I’m currently running 1.7.7 CMS and using windows players 1.7.9 configured in CEF mode. I want to migrate to 1.8 series in order to make use of the new api.

I have created a testing environment with CMS 1.8.1. and 1.8.1 Windows players running on Windows 7 64 bits and IE 11. I’m testing the same layouts as they are in production. The thing is that the windows client crashes when I use a particular layout that it’s basically a bunch of web pages that contains PowerBI embedded reports. The crash occurs couple of hours after the player starts running and displaying the content. The typical errors are windows error when that the app has crashed, or out of memory error. I have noticed that the Xiboclient.exe process memory usage is high, after couple of minutes is like 1.5 GB.

This error was also present in 1.7.9 windows players, but I fixed it using CEF mode. So question is: How can I display this layout in 1.8.1 windows clients without using the CEF mode? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! Regards from Uruguay!

CEF mode is no longer supported in 1.8 series - it wasn’t really developed further in 1.7 as well, because we were not happy with it.

Could you double check registry entries for browser emulation please? - Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player

If possible you could also export your layout and send it to me via private message, then early next week I’ll let it run on one of our test PCs to see if it will also show high CPU/memory usage after few hours.