Windows Media Player cannot access the file (=Black display) + LogAgent Bad Request error

Hi,

I’m often getting a black display on some of my players, it does not seem to be hardware related or xibo version related (Currently on 2.03). I have this issue for the last 3 years on some of my players, and I still don’t know how to fix this issue. I get the following error:

\Users\admin\Documents\easyCMS Library\48894.mp4. Ex = Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the

I added the LOG file and Dxdiag file for you to check out in this Dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/srcfc3nfwey1bdj/AAB6yxcnKT2dAUpaGsxI-HUBa?dl=0

Thank you for your message and detailed information about the issue you are having. You may need to use an application such as Microsoft process Monitor to confirm if the file is indeed in use with another application. Hopefully that will shed some light on the issue.

If the video files do not appear to be associated with another application, please let me know. please also confirm the version of the Xibo for Windows Player you are using.

Many Thanks.

hi,

I’m using windows 2 R200-200 I installed process monitor, but ho to find what im looking for, it is full of processes, Any tip ? EDIT: files generated (.pml) are over 2go

HI Dan,

I generated a PML fiel from Process monitor application, you can find link below: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wacqiv4flm72c86/Logfile3.PML?dl=1

I didn’t really what to look for, but I found that audiodg.exe was running simultaneously with easyCMS.exe, may be that is the cause ?

As well, I deactivated Windows defender as I thought it might be the cause of the problem (scanning files?)

Despite all that I still get same error and Black screen (see screenshot) I send you as well the logs from the audit. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqm3j4sga3gchw7/logs.pdf?dl=1

And here the export of the layout (with files) https://www.dropbox.com/s/lemi9z0dhgzz0wy/export_2019-10-geel.zip?dl=1

=> I really want to get to the bottom of this issue because it is reoccurring often on different setups (but mostly on Win 10 it seems).

Hi,

Here is another issue i noticed today, see screenshot. It seems something is using the files at the same time ?? Is that possible ? the computer is new with nothing installed on it. i don’t understand.

Thank you for the further information and screenshots. can you confirm what version of Windows you are running on this device?

I also wondered if you have made any changes to your Player since your original post.The directory path to your videos was in the easyCMS Library directory. In your latest images, it appears to be in the New Folder directory. Can you also confirm that you are logged in as the Admin user and the Player has been installed on the Admin User profile?

Many Thanks.

HI,

yes I did change the library location just to make sure The player was downloading latest files. I’m using Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 1809. I’m logged in as an admin user. I’m having same issues on other players running Win10 home completely different hardware. Always using computers dedicated to Xibo and digital signage, nothing else.

Thanks for confirming it’s Win 10 IoT you are using. Windows IoT versions are not a recommended version of Windows to run the Xibo Player on and have not been officially tested. This could explain why you are experiencing this issue on this particular Player.

Can you confirm the make and model of the hardware device you are using for your Xibo for Windows Players?

Many Thanks.

Hi,

It is not windows IoT but Windows IoT Enterprise, very different from Windows IoT core. As well I experience same issues across devices for last 3 years. Using windows home, enterprise,… Hardware for this specific player is Giada (see attached)

Hi,

I still did not get any feedback regarding this issue, could you tell me if there is anything you can do to help ? here is a new screenshot of the player today.

Hi have made some more research, and it seems that the issue comes from AUDIODG.EXE, is that possible ? I disabled all my audio drivers (I do not use audio on this player) and I will see.

Thank you for your reply and apologies for my delayed response. I Appreciate that Windows IoT Enterprise is different from IoT core, but IoT Enterprise is not a version of Windows 10 that has been officially tested. This is why I cannot guarantee the performance. Thank you also for passing on the hardware spec of your device for consideration.

Unfortunately as i do not have Windows IoT Enterprise I cannot confirm if this is a common issue or related to your current setup. You could try reinstalling the Player to see if this occurs again but unfortunately I cannot explain why AUDIODG.EXE is accessing your files.

Many Thanks.

Hi, thanks for answer, I understand you must be quite busy. I disabled all my audio drivers and devices, and the problem is not recurring anymore :wink: So I’m very happy.

but I still get this error, and I really can’t figure out what it is and how to fix it (LogAgent : Bad request)

Great news that disabling the audio drivers and devices has allowed the files to be used with Xibo. It’s still a mystery as to why the file was being accessed but I’m just glad that element of your issue is resolved.

Regarding the Bad request Error you have, can you try the following to see if it resolves the issue?

• Close your Player.
  • Open the Xibo Player Options application.
  • Click the Browse button next to the Library Location option.
  • Now Click Save to return to the Player Options app.
  • Click the Save button at the bottom of the Player Options application, you should see a confirmation message that the Display is Active.
  • If you saw that message, you can now start the Player using the Launch Client Button.

Does this help with the error or does it persist?

Many Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for answer. I did as you said and I will see if it does change this issue, it was not appearing till now on the player. Can you tell me exactly what is the LogAgent ? And if it can cause issues in the layouts our videos showing ?

Hi, I just checked and the error is still there after doing the manipulation. It is weird because till now I did not change anything on the player and it appeared suddenly.

Hi,

just coming back with the Log agent issue, I cannot put the finger on where it comes form. See logs attached.

LogAgent|11/2/2019 1:52:14 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 2:12:12 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 2:42:17 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 3:12:18 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 3:15:13 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 3:45:13 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 4:15:14 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 4:18:11 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 4:48:12 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 5:18:10 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 5:21:09 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 5:51:10 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 6:19:17 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 6:24:12 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 6:54:13 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 7:21:11 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 7:51:12 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 8:21:13 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 8:24:09 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 8:54:10 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 9:24:11 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 9:27:13 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 9:57:14 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 10:27:15 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 10:30:10 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 11:00:12 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 11:30:14 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/2/2019 11:33:09 PM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/3/2019 12:03:10 AM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request
LogAgent|11/3/2019 12:33:12 AM|Error|LogAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Bad Request

Thanks for the message, please excuse the delayed reply.

I have been discussing this with my colleagues about the Bad request error you are continuing to receive. The LogAgent bad request might be because there is something in one of the log.xml files which is invalid XML. Can you provide copies of the log.xml files your Player is generating so I can look for any issues that could explain the error?

Many Thanks.

Not sure if this answer is late, but if you are accessing your payer over remove and transmitting audio using application like anydesk or teamviewer this will cause your file to be lock. Disable your remote application from transmitting Audion.