Weird Timing Issues

CMS Version

Player Type

Windows

Issue

I have some issues with the “interrupt layout” scheduling. i have planned an ad with a relatively low share of voice:

when I played it out, I noticed that the layout only came up many times in a row in a small time range. This is also confirmed in the reports:

Unfortunately, that’s not what I would expect. It would be better if the advert was only shown like 5 times per hour, but these 5 times were distributed over the entire hour (for example: 4:10 p.m., 4:20 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 4:40 p.m., …) . is that a bug or intentional?

there is also another error in the report… the said layout has a length of 4 seconds. if it was played 6 times as per the report, the total length should only be 24 seconds instead of 30.

thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Xibo only interrupts between layouts, so the frequency of interrupts depends a lot on what else you have scheduled - for example if you have another layout which is super long, the player will work out that it has to play your interrupt back to back in order to meet SOV.

The duration field is measured not calculated - with such a short duration layout something like a transition could potentially add a little time to the start/end of the layout (it would only need to be half a second either side and you’ve got your missing 6 seconds).

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.