Website mp3 player stops after 10 seconds on android device

Hello everybody,

I am using Xibo client version 1.7.9 on android box. I have created a template with different dynamic regions. 1 of these regions is a html radio player. I am using ‘Webpage’ and the link ‘http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/SRGSTR21.mp3’. On my preview screen and on my Windows laptop it works fine. The stream is working nonstop. But on the android device the stream stops after 10 seconds. All of the other dynamic regions work great. But this is the only that stops after 10 seconds. The logfile doesn’t give any information.

Is this a known problem? And if so, does anybody have a solution for this issue? If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your response.

It could be due to Android web view version perhaps, if the layout stays on the screen just without audio, then I don’t think there is anything wrong with your configuration - especially if it works on windows players.

Could you tell us more about your android device? (mark, model, android version)

If you would open that link in android default browser on the device does it also stops after ~10s ?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I found out the Android music player is very ‘sensitive’ regarding the output format. I tried several links and I came to the conclusion Icecast MP3 links work great but some other 3rd party mp3 links don’t work. They stop after 10 seconds even though they work great when I try them in Chrome or the standard browser in the android device.

So in this case the supply in links is limited but it will do.