Webpage Widget sometimes displaying at different sizes on refresh after duration expires

Hello! Loving Xibo so far, except there’s a bit of inconsistent behavior when it comes to displaying webpages. (We’re using Rikomagic V5 android devices as the players).

I have signage around our building showing custom web reports and they’re generally set to a duration of ~20 minutes. The issue is that about 25% of the time, after a page refreshes, the page renders outside the viewport as if the viewport was much larger than the physical display (the page blows up as if the screen was 30% bigger; all content is larger, and about a third is cut off on the right and at the bottom). This seems to happen on Display Natively, Manual Position, and Best Fit, as well as when using Embedded to redirect to the site. This may persist for 1–2 refreshes, but it eventually goes back to normal.

I can’t find any method to the madness. It seems to happen randomly on various webpage displays. Resolution also doesn’t seem to have any bearing on the behavior: our displays are 4k and the issue occurs at layout resolutions of 1080p, 2k, and 4k.

I would appreciate any help troubleshooting this. Let me know if there’s any additional info that’d be useful, or if a visual of what’s happening would be better. Thank you!

Hi, that’s great to hear!

So we can try and help you with your issue, could you provide answers to the following:

• Android version running on the device
  • Player Version being used
  • Does this happen with other web content or just custom web reports?
  • Are there any errors/messages being reported by the Player around the time this happens? (please provide screenshot of any errors/messages if you can)

In the meantime if you haven’t already, you could try to see if setting a resolution for the player window in the Profile Settings helps to resolve this issue.

If you are able to provide access to the custom web reports and an exported copy of your Layout, one of our support team could take a look for you when they next have availability.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.