Upgrading to 2.0.1, failed to migrade DB

Hey,

I recently installed another machin running on debian and install the docker, docker-compose 1.24.0 and the xibo-docker-2.0.1.

Now xibo’s running normaly but I want to migrate the DB and library folder from the old 1.8.12 xibo-docker (that was installed on another machin) into the new machin.
I tried to copy and past the folder “shared” in the backups, but it broke everything and had to reinstall all again. Same for the “library” file.

I was wondering if there is another way to do it so I can just get all my layouts, campaign, widgets and everything on my new machin ?

You’d want to upgrade your 1.8 installation to 2.1 ie https://xibo.org.uk/docs/setup/upgrade-xibo-for-docker-install

that would be easiest way to have the library / schedule etc moved.

Alternatively, you could set up new 1.8 CMS from the db backup and library from your main installation and then upgrade it to v2, if you want to leave one CMS in 1.8.

I’d suggest waiting for 2.0.2 release before you upgrade, as that will be released next week and will contain several fixes and improvements - including fixes to the instillation migration.