Upgrade issue from 1.6.4 to 1.7.9

Hi, I am trying to upgrade from 1.6.4 to 1.7.9 but am getting this error.

Any ideas

The error suggests someone deleted your log table at some point.

If you roll back to your pre-upgrade backup, can you check if you have a log table?

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply but no one has manually deleted anything, I was in the process of upgrading from 1.4.2 to the latest one and from what I have read it needs to be done in steps. So the upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.6.4 went fine, the error came about when upgrading from 1.6.4 to 1.7.9.

I will try the roll back and see what I can fine. But if you can suggest anything else that would be great.

Many thanks

Hi

I have rolled backed and xibo 1.4.2 is working again but when i look at the database I see log in use and browse shows message not found. Any ideas I’m guessing that is what is preventing the upgrade.

Yes it looks like it. Someone has deleted the log table data files from the servers hard drive. The issue isn’t related to the upgrade.

I expect they did it because it got too large because maintenance hadn’t been correctly configured.

To resolve it, I think you’d have to delete the log table completely and recreate it. The definition for it will be in install/database/master.sql from memory.

Hi Alex

Just wanted to update you, I tried to drop the log table but it wouldn’t let me. so I went into the log table selected all the tables and tried there, again it said unable to drop. But something did happen not sure what but the log table no longer said in use. so I proceeded with the upgrade and this time it worked. Thanks for all your help with this.