Upgrade from 1.7.5 to 1.7.9 failed

I believe this mysql error means the disk filled up during the upgrade process. The disk that filled up though appears to be a mapped device /dev/mapper associated with xibo rather than Centos thus:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg_signage-lv_root
51475068 48831220 22408 100% /
tmpfs 969292 0 969292 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sdb1 487652 44373 417679 10% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_signage-lv_home
84666856 57032 80302268 1% /home

One of the tables though called log has 133m rows associated with it which probably hasn’t helped.

I would of course like to add attachments but it would appear I’m being prevented from doing so. I can’t upload text files for whatever reason yet under linux output from commands being redirected > filename.txt is prevalent and frequent. I then spend ages making a pdfs of said files and I’m prevented from uploading again because new users aren’t allowed to upload.

Your root filesystem on your server is full. vg_signage is the name whoever configured your box gave the volume within the LVM system - it isn’t something Xibo has configured for you.

You need to free some space, and then you can run the upgrade.

If your log table has 133 million records in it, then it suggests you aren’t running the maintenance script which is CRITICAL to the health of your CMS. Please follow the CMS Post-Installation guide sticked on the front page of this forum which explains how to configure that.

In the interim, connect to your MySQL server and run the following commands in your Xibo database:

truncate `log`;
optimize table `log`;

That should empty the table, and free space (assuming you have your MySQL configured for one file per table - which is the default on most modern installations).

As a new user, you are prevented from uploading large numbers of attachments as an anti-spam measure. All that is required is you view a few other posts to gain trust, and then you can post whatever attachments you like.

If you want to upload text content, then please use a service like pastebin (http://pastebin.com/) and link the paste to your post.