Unknown error with XMDS

Xibo 2.02
Win 2019 / IIS 10

I’ve recently installed xibo 2.02 on a Win 2019 / IIS box.

After following the step by step guide I got the CMS side working OK.

I’ve now come to add a Win client (on an old test PC) but have encountered an error when configuring the Player Options.

I get the following: ‘There has been an unknown error with XMDS, it has been logged’

I can open the Admin ok, and if I deliberately enter an incorrect key i get a key doesnt match error - so I know there is nothing wrong with the address or conn with the server.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I should look to troubleshoot this error?

Many Thanks
Karl

Please go to the log section of the CMS, then amend the duration so you can see that particular error more in details and get back to use if you need to then.
If nothing is logged then first check the filter in the log page is set far enough in the past. If still nothing is logged, then try to put the CMS into test mode, which you can do from the settings page>troubleshooting>server mode change to Test.

I have the exact same issue. 2.02 on IIS with an up to date player. Nothing in the logs, even once test mode is switched on.

As above, it does show a different error with the wrong URL, so assuming the connection makes it through. Any advice greatly appreciated.

In both cases have you put the rewriting rules and handlers in to IIS correctly?

https://xibo.org.uk/docs/setup/prepare-your-environment#url_rewriting

I have indeed, everything else works since the IIS rules were imported.

Is anything else needed if setup as a subdomain? Mine is running on http://signage.mydomain.com

Hi Alex

Yep, I imported the htaccess file and removed the erroneous entry as per the step by step instructions…

What versions of PHP are you using?

I am currently using PHP 7.2

just rolled down to 7.2 from 7.3 - was thinking it may be a dll issue

Anything else we can try here? I cannot seem to see any kind of error log for this anywhere…

I have the same issue.

I try in 5.6, 7.0,7.1 and 7.2 PHP versions. in the 1.8 version of Xibo this issue dont ocurred.

Same issue here. Server 2016, Xibo 2.02/ 2 R200 client, everything else as per the installation guide XIBO step by step Installation IIS 8.5 on WINDOWS SERVER 2012

The following error message is visible:

The request failed with the error message:

There has been an unknown error with XMDS, it has been logged. Please contact your administrator.
–.

Interestingly, if you highlight the error message, it reveals that there is more to the error message!!!

Status
Client found response content type of ‘text/plain;charset=UTF-8’, but expected ‘text/xml’.
The request failed with the error message:

There has been an unknown error with XMDS, it has been logged. Please contact your administrator.
–.

Anything else we can check on this, logs we can view or things we can try?

Are you using MySQL 5.7 by any chance? I’ve seen a customer CMS have issues where they were, because the database schema isn’t correct when using 5.7.

Unfortunately not, using MySQL 8.0.16

Did anyone ever find a solution to this one? Still unable to add any display