Two clients, two displays, one PC - nightly recycles

I’m running Xibo 1.7.3 on Windows 7 without issue.

Currently the client machine is running a single client driving a single display. I have scheduled tasks to reboot the box nightly as well as recycle (kill and then restart) the Xibo client itself every few hours due to a memory leak issue with some of the content I’m displaying, no fault of Xibo’s. :smile:

I’m now to the point where I need to have a second display that can be scheduled independently of the first display and have been able to get this to work. The problem I’m having though is that while I copy/setup a second Xibo client install directory, create a shortcut to the XiboClient2.exe and add the “o” option at the end of the arguments list everything works fine if I start the second client manually but if it’s started via a scheduled task then both it and the client without the “o” option end up on the primary display/screen.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and how to correct it?

Thanks,

-joni-

Why add the o option? you shouldn’t need to do that

You need to configure a display profile and manually move the second player to the second screen using the “Location” tab of the display profile

Thanks Dan, I’ll give that a try.

Regarding why I’m using the “o” option, it’s what’s listed in the documentation online. :slight_smile: Link below…

http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_windows_client_multiple.html

Thanks,

-joni-

• Create a ShortCut with o to get to the options
  • Click it to configure
  • Start the EXE (not the shortcut)

:smiley:

This only works if the Windows Explorer window I’m starting the EXE from is displayed in the desktop/screen I want the client to run in. Basically, the client starts in whichever desktop/screen it’s started from.

Thanks,

-joni-

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.