Twitter module effects not working on Windows

Hello All,

I have setup the twitter module successfully and the Xibo client is displaying my latest tweets. I did try to add the Marquee Up effect to the module and was able to get it working properly. Does the twitter module effects not work on Window clients?

All of my displays are on Windows and the Xibo Admin is also on Windows and I am on Xibo 1.7.4 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, marquee effects actually aren’t working with twitter at the moment.
Other effects should work just fine, so you can try to set different effect for now.

We logged this as a bug, you can track it here:

I was able to get the Marquee working for the twitter module. It works great now. I ended up commenting out this line of code. It is located in modules/twitter.module.php.

// if (stripos($this->GetSetting(‘effect’), ‘marquee’) !== false)

I am now always including the jquery.marquee.min.js in the twitter module instead of only including it under certain conditions.

// Need the marquee plugin?
   // if (stripos($this->GetSetting('effect'), 'marquee') !== false)
        $javaScriptContent .= '<script type="text/javascript" src="' . (($isPreview) ? 'modules/preview/vendor/' : '') . 'jquery.marquee.min.js"></script>';

Thank you for all of your help.

Hi Eddie,
yeah Dan also found out what is wrong with it, so it will be fixed in the next version.
I am glad that you managed to solve it too.