Twitter module displays no tweets

Hi, I am running Xibo 1.7.4 with Windows clients.
I have configured the twitter module with the correct API key and the Secret Key.
I have added the module on the design with following:
Search Term: Hello
Type: Mixed
Distance: 0
Count: 15
Template: Tweet Text only
Override the template
Effect: None
Speed: 0

But for some reason it is displaying nothing. Have I missed anything ?
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Settings seems to be fine (although it will not look good, but it should display tweets :smiley:)

Perhaps problem is here?

Hi Peter,
Thank you for the email, Where do I go to check the log for this twitter module. I cannot see anything related to the twitter module on Report Fault >> Debug

thank you

Log file says:

Display: CMS
Page: Twitter
Function: getToken
Message: Error contacting Twitter API: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to api.twitter.com:443

[root@CENTOS1 ~]# curl -v https://api.twitter.com

• About to connect() to api.twitter.com port 443
  • Trying 185.45.5.44… connected
  • Connected to api.twitter.com (185.45.5.44) port 443
  • successfully set certificate verify locations:
  • CAfile: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
    CApath: none
  • SSLv2, Client hello (1):
    Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to api.twitter.com:443
  • Closing connection #0
    curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to api.twitter.com:443
    [root@CENTOS1 ~]#

So basically CURL on your machine is unable to talk to Twitter. That could be because it’s quite old? and so recent changes for security in the way SSL works means newer encryption algorithms are required.

First try ensuring that ca-bundle.crt file is up to date (your OS probably package that for you) and that PHP is configured to use that file too for it’s ca location.

Next make sure there’s no proxy server involved that could be modifying the SSL connection. Lots of corporate proxies do MITM SSL inspection these days so the content of secure traffic can be read. If that’s in operation, you’ll need to have the root CA for the proxy servers added to your OS’s list of CA certificates so that they become valid.

If it’s not that, then it’s likely that the version of Curl (or rather then SSL library it’s been built against on your OS) is too old to support secure communications with Twitter and so you will need to upgrade those libraries. The easiest way to do that may well be to upgrade the underlying OS to a newer version.

thank yoy
I am currently running on Centos 5, I will try updating the Centos to latest version and see if it updates CURL.