Synchronise time for clients

Hi all. I want to ask you if I can syncronise all clients to have the same clock, for example the server’s clock. There is no connection to Internet so ithey can’t take the time from a public server. Is there any option instead of setting this manually to all clients? Thank you!

Thats not a Job for Xibo

You simply can use a NTP Server Software on the Server and NTP Clients on The Clients.

If The Server has a good RTC or if the Server is connected to the Internet then everything is allright …

Best regards

Hi. It’s a PITA.
Make a machine a reliable time server synced to the Internet.
Point all your local Xibo clients to that machine.

From my notes:

Use Win 7 as Time Server NTP
The Win 7 PC was configured as follows:

1. In the ‘Services’ window(part of Administrative Tools) Stop the ‘Windows Time’ service if already running. The ‘Startup Type’ could be set as Manual or Automatic depending on the user needs.
  2. In the Registry Editor following changes to be made under the Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\W32Time:
    ** Config -> AnnounceFlags = 5.
    ** HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpServer -> Enabled = 1.
  3. Start the ‘Windows Time’ service in the ‘Services’ window(part of Administrative Tools).
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverPN/thread/ffb1df0b-7c6e-4b2d-8fdf-b4ca0c014266

Set NTP Servers(PowerShell)
Stop-Service w32time
w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:“tic.ntp.telstra.net, au.pool.ntp.org, toc.ntp.telstra.net” /syncfromflags:MANUAL
Start-Service w32time

Clients:
w32tm /query /configuration
w32tm /resyncw32tm /resync /nowait /computer:host.domain.local

HTH

Thank you very much!