Sub playlist stops working but layout still works

Hi I have been using xibo for a while now and I’ve got a layout that contains a date and time widget it also contains a sub playlist widget. It’s been working fine for months but all of a sudden it’s started to play up. The videos will run and repeat the playlist for hours but then out of nowhere the sub playlist will stop working and that region stays black but the date and time will still work fine. It’s not logged any errors in status and the cms is showing everything is good. I’m running on android 4.4 and the current xibo android app. Can anyone give me ideas on what’s happening

Hi, welcome to the community!

Have any of the media items in the playlist got expiry dates attached?

Is the Playlist just Video files?

How is media assigned to your playlist, dynamically or manually?

Is it more than one Playlist and if it is how have you configured these to Play?

Hi Natasha
I’ve got 2 playlists one with video files in with an expiry date and one with pictures. It takes one item from one playlist and then one from the other and repeats.
I’ve found out that the player wasn’t meeting requirements as it was running 4.4.2 so I’ve purchased a new box and set 2 layouts up. This seems to have fixed the issues I had. As it used to run for a few days without issues and then cause a problem this way it forces it to change playlists after a certain time

Hello Natascha,

I’m facing the same problem.
The Subplaylist play once following by the orther media in the same area.
When it’s time to make the loop, the Sub playlist is freezing at the end of the first media and stay on the screen till the end of the layout.
My sub playlist is filled with videos and images with expiry dates attached (from the library)

Could you help me to fine a solution?

Hi welcome to the community.

Is this a cloud or self hosted CMS?
What version CMS are you using?
Could you provide further details as to the configuration of the sub-playlist (screenshots if you can) in an effort that I can try and recreate the issue you are experiencing.
Have you ruled out a playlist with expired media that could be causing the problem?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.