Stat Report Proof of play

Hello,
I have a problem with the statistical table and the planning of monthly reports.
It worked for 4 months and now my monthly report is not running.

The stat table has 60M rows (60 000 000)
how can I purge the rows greater than 2 months?
Thanks for your help.

Should we use MangoDB with CMS V3 under Docker?

Hi, 60M rows is a lot and it will take longer and longer to run reports if you are not purging old records.

To purge old records you need to either use the Stats Archiver task which will archive to a zip in the library, we would suggest doing 1 zip per day or you can set the maximum stats retention time to 62 days from the Settings page under the Administration section of the CMS menu using the Maintenance tab.
When daily maintenance next runs it will delete the old records.

Thank you very much for your answer.
I am setting up the “Stats Archiver” task and I will keep you informed

Bonjour Natasha
J’ai bien noté votre remarque et j’ai procédé à l’archivage des enregistrements dans la table STAT.
J’ai réduit par 4 le nombre d’enregistrements.
Mais j’ai toujours des problèmes avec les rapports. Aucun rapport enregistré ne fonctionne.

Je souhaite utiliser MongoDB comme vous le proposez.
Aujourd’hui nous avons en production 12 serveurs CMS en V2.3.10 sous DOCKER qui se partagent 2350 clients Android for Xibo.
Il est important que les statistiques soient opérationnelles. Cela a fonctionné pendant 4 mois et ne donne plus de rapport depuis le 1 Juin 2022.
Rien a changé à cette date chez nous. Je dois donc trouver une solution.

Comment installer MongoDB lorsque nos CMS sont sous DOCKER ? existe t il une procédure documentée. ?

Merci pour votre aide précieuse.
Gérard

Hello Natasha
I have noted your comment and I have archived the records in the STAT table.
I have reduced the number of records by 4.
But I still have problems with the reports. No saved reports work.

I want to use MongoDB as you suggest.
Today we have in production 12 CMS servers in V2.3.10 under DOCKER which share 2350 Android for Xibo clients.
It is important that the statistics are operational. It worked for 4 months and does not give any report since June 1, 2022.
Nothing has changed on that date for us. So I have to find a solution.

How to install MongoDB when our CMS are under DOCKER? Is there a documented procedure?

Thank you for your precious help.

Bonjour Natasha
J’ai bien noté votre remarque et j’ai procédé à l’archivage des enregistrements dans la table STAT.
J’ai réduit par 4 le nombre d’enregistrements.
Mais j’ai toujours des problèmes avec les rapports. Aucun rapport enregistré ne fonctionne.

Je souhaite utiliser MongoDB comme vous le proposez.
Aujourd’hui nous avons en production 12 serveurs CMS en V2.3.10 sous DOCKER qui se partagent 2350 clients Android for Xibo.
Il est important que les statistiques soient opérationnelles. Cela a fonctionné pendant 4 mois et ne donne plus de rapport depuis le 1 Juin 2022.
Rien a changé à cette date chez nous. Je dois donc trouver une solution.

Comment installer MongoDB lorsque nos CMS sont sous DOCKER ? existe t il une procédure documentée. ?

Merci pour votre aide précieuse.
Gérard

Hello Natasha
I have noted your comment and I have archived the records in the STAT table.
I have reduced the number of records by 4.
But I still have problems with the reports. No saved reports work.

I want to use MongoDB as you suggest.
Today we have in production 12 CMS servers in V2.3.10 under DOCKER which share 2350 Android for Xibo clients.
It is important that the statistics are operational. It worked for 4 months and does not give any report since June 1, 2022.
Nothing has changed on that date for us. So I have to find a solution.

How to install MongoDB when our CMS are under DOCKER? Is there a documented procedure?

Thank you for your precious help.

Hi Gérard, the following page can be used to configure your CMS to use MongoDB Using MongDB to store proof of play

However, after speaking with my colleagues in support they don’t think using MongoDB would be significantly different for you.
Reducing the records to 4 will do nothing I am afraid. As the number of records in the table get bigger, it will take longer for the report to be generated so you need to use the archiver to remove old records so that the table stops growing in size.

For a short term fix you could try adding a row to the config.env file, which will double the time that a request can run before it times out.

CMS_PHP_MAX_EXECUTION_TIME=600

Once that is added you will need to down/up the containers to be applied.

We recommend that you solve the underlying issue by doing the following:
1- switch over to using aggregate proof of play if you can
2- use the archiver to remove older records from the database and exporting them to csv files (should you require them at a later date)

I hope that is some help to you.

Natasha

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.