Slideshow from a watch folder?

Is there a way in Xibo 1.7.4 to setup a slideshow of images that could be populated by images from a watch folder local to the Xibo CMS system? I know its possible to use an online site such as Flickr to host images but they don’t have a slideshow function that can be used as an embedded object. I have found a 3rd party site that can create embed code to do this but I was hoping there was a way to to this with an already existing module.

1 Like

I’m afraid not. You would need to have your content uploaded to the Xibo CMS via the API to have it shown within Xibo, or create a webpage to show the images from a folder (perhaps using PHP or similar) and then embed that within Xibo as a webpage media type.

This is the first time I am using the site. I have been using Xibo successfully for the past 3 years and this is the first situation where I can’t figure out the answer for myself. I am putting it here because it seems to fit. I have created a flickr account for my school and I created a slideshow through flickrit. It shows up fine when I “preview layout” on Internet explorer but it says “can’t access flickrit\slideshow.php” when I play it on the player. Here is the embed code created by flickrit:

<iframe id='iframe' src='//flickrit.com/slideshowholder.php?height=500&width=800&size=big&speed=3&count=100&setId=72157661316109876&credit=2&theme=1&thumbnails=0&transition=1&layoutType=fixed&sort=0' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' width='800' height='510'></iframe>

I am hoping someone can help me figure out why it would play in preview layout but not on the player. It is the same computer. I tried it on a separate computer with an upgraded version of Internet Explorer and the same thing happened.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Paul

Does this help… ?

I changed all of the java script settings within IE and made sure I had dotnet 3.5. It is still giving me the error. Are there any settings I can change within the player to make it work?

Try using a webpage media type with the following URL:

http://flickrit.com/slideshowholder.php?height=500&width=800&size=big&speed=3&count=100&setId=72157661316109876&credit=2&theme=1&thumbnails=0&transition=1&layoutType=fixed&sort=0

You may also need to increase the version of Internet Explorer in use in the Player following these instructions:

I just wanted to let you know that just changing the embed code to a webpage was enough to fix the problem. It came up perfectly. Thank you for your help in resolving this matter.