Should images be auto-resized?

Hello,

I recently updated Xibo CMS from 1.8 to the latest and I was blown away by the current layout editor. Amazing. However now I have an issue that wasn’t present before and I can’t seem to understand how it works.
I have the default settings for “Image Threshold” (1920) and “Resize Limit” (6000) and I understand that if I upload an image larger than 1080p it would get resized automatically. But that isn’t the case and the layout I put that image in doesn’t get played. An error is displayed:

Any images that are of low resolution are ok though.

So should CMS resize images itself or is there a workaround or should I do it myself from now on? I remember there wasn’t such an issue before.

CMS Version

r254

Player Type

Windows

Player Version

r202

They will be resized yes. That happens as a background task run by XTR. You need to make sure XTR is being run regularly.

If you’re using Docker it’s been done for you, but if it’s a custom install you need to make sure it’s being run every minute or so.

Ok, thank you, we have a custom install indeed. Enabling XTR to run does resize my images. However one issue remains - if the layout is published before XTR runs, the layout doesn’t get a status update after XTR runs and the image is resized. If I checkout the layout for editing, the status gets updated and all is well.
Should the layout change status after it’s published?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.