Schedule Status: Sleeping | Required File Status: Sleeping

Hi Dan,

Thanks for that, might give XAMPP ago and see how I get on with that. Is there an installation guide similar to the IIS one? I’ve never used XAMPP\WAMP so I don’t know what I am doing! :smile:

Thanks in advance!
Ben

Hi Ben,

We don’t really cover the environment but this should help you:
http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_environment_windows_xampp.html

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks, will give it a go when I’m at the school this afternoon.

Many thanks,
Ben

Hi Peter,

I’ve got XAMPP set up and running fine, but I still get the “SyntaxError:InvalidCharacter” error when uploading media. I’ve set full permissions on everything but still no joy. Is it because it’s running on a domain which could be causing it grief?

Also cannot push layouts either, so I’m guessing it’s related to the Syntax error.

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben

Sounds like PHP isn’t configured correctly for large file uploads. Please see the CMS post installation guide stickied on the front page of the Community site for instructions

Alex

Hi Alex,

Have gone through the PHP settings and checked everything, save me from copying it all into this post, I’ve uploaded a copy of my php.ini to my OneDrive here:

http://1drv.ms/1QoA74e

Could you possibly take a look and see if you can spot any errors?

Many thanks,
Ben

It broadly looks good. The memory limit seems low compared to the max input and max upload file sizes though. I assume you restarted Apache after making changes?

Yup, restarted Apache afterwards a couple times just in case, but still get the message.

Thanks,
Ben

This always turns out to be a server configuration issue…

What size file are you trying to upload? How long is it taking?

It’s only about 500kb, just a picture I made to test it with, usually takes a split second then displays the Syntax error, but adds it to the media library anyway. If I try to add it to the background it adds it in, but nothing is displayed in design view or preview layout, and the little [x] saying the layout is problematic stays there, regardless.

Does the file get created in the CMS library directory?

It does indeed. Is it right that I’ve put a folder on the root of C: called xibo\library and added that to the CMS? + given it full access rights.

Assuming you’ve put the full path to that folder in the CMS settings then yes that sounds right.

Please run the Report Fault wizard and upload a file. Hopefully in the troubleshoot.txt file there will be some kind of error. You may want to redact the contents before uploading it.

Yeah, I put C:\xibo\library into CMS.

I’ve uploaded the ‘troubleshoot log.txt’ for adding in a image to the media library here:

http://1drv.ms/1QoA74e

Thanks,
Ben

Looks like the uploaded file isn’t being written or something else is deleting it:

“2015-06-03 13:02:37”,“content”,"","unlink(C:\xibo\library\temp/Image 4.jpg): No such file or directory
Warning
C:\xampp\htdocs\xibo\3rdparty\jquery-file-upload\XiboUploadHandler.php

Do I need to modify anything in the XiboUploadHandler.php file? Or should that be left alone?

You definitely shouldn’t be modifying files.

Can you check that the webserver is able to create temporary files in theat temp directory please? And check if any anti-virus software or similar prevented the file being created there.

We use Sophos anti-virus at my school. I will try disabling it and uploading again.

How would I test the see if the webserver can create temp files in that directory?

Try deleting the temp folder and see if it’s recreated.

Should be no need to disable Sophos - just see if it logged any actions.

I deleted the temp folder and it did recreate it when I tried to upload a picture.

Sophos hasn’t logged any actions for it.