Schedule Manager Error Logs

Hi,
I am using version 1.75 and seem to be getting the same error message roughly every minute showing in the SQL database. One of the display ID’s is reporting “Exception in Run: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\DSAdmin\Documents\Xibo Library\status.json’ because it is being used by another process”. The display still however seems to be working; does anybody have any ideas what this is telling me? I would appreciate any response.
Thanks.

@dan when you have a moment please.

Can you confirm if you are using the WatchDog or not?

Hi Dan, I have no idea if I’m honest how do I check this? I know XML log files get created on each client but I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it. Thanks for your response.

The watchdog is a separate application which monitors the status.json file which is being logged as “locked”. I suspect you aren’t running it if you haven’t any knowledge of it.

My next best guess is that you have a virus scanner which is monitoring the Xibo library folder and perhaps locking that file.

I don’t think the error is a cause for concern, it is only a status file written each time the player connects to the CMS.

Hi Dan,
I did some research into this and installed and configured Watch Dog which is now running, its a useful tool I was unaware of but since installing the error messages these have reduced significantly. The only other issues we get are “Layout Invalid” on the CMS. There are no additional regions and I have verified the modules so not sure what is causing this; can I send you an export of the one of the layouts to see if there is anything obvious?
Many Thanks.

Sure, please do so… the easiest way is if you have a dropbox or similar - or you can open the ZIP and copy the layout xml file into this thread using 3 backticks to start and finish the copy.

Please see link below, Many Thanks

I’ll reproduce here for the sake of clarity - there isn’t anything sensitive in it:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<layout width="1920" height="1080" resolutionid="9" bgcolor="#000000" schemaVersion="2">
  <region id="56445983159e0" userId="1" width="1920" height="1080" top="0" left="0">
    <media id="288" type="video" render="native" duration="43" lkid="57" userId="1" schemaVersion="1">
        <options><uri>288.wmv</uri></options>
        <raw/>
    </media>
  </region>
  <tags>
    <tag/>
  </tags>
</layout>

So you have a layout with a full screen region + video. This layout would only be invalid if the 288 video file had not yet been downloaded on the Player - in which case you would expect to see missing files in the client information window.

Makes sense, thanks for your help on this. You can close this thread as I have my answers :smile:

1 Like