RSS Ticker problem after 1.8.2 CMS upgrade

Ok Dan, now I’ve this log…the strange thing is that the same rss module created with 1.8.1 cms it works fine, if I modify or recreate in 1.8.2 doesen’t work…

Anyone can help me please? I posted log…thanks!

I’ve stil the issue…Anyone can help me please? I posted log…thanks!

Just to clarify, does it show anything in CMS, but not on players or nothing in CMS and players?

The logs are from the player, it would seem it gets the feed url, but can’t get any content or even recognize the encoding/feed format for some reason.

Just to confirm once again I’ve run your feed locally and also with those additional logging lines added.
There I get feed url, encoding and content correctly.

I wonder if it would log more information if you’d put the display in auditing mode and assign a display profile with audit log level to it - you could try that.

As Dan mentioned there were no changes to ticker functionalities between 1.8.1 -> 1.8.2, I’m confused why it does work for you in 1.8.1 and no in 1.8.2.

Is this the same with all feeds ie for example https://blog.xibo.org.uk/rss/
could you check if that also does not return anything?

Other than that perhaps those log message will tell @dan more about the problem.

I had the same problem with RSS Feed in a fresh 1.8.2 installation and Windows Player 1.8.2.

I could fix it by clearing the cache of the ticker module in module settings. After clearing cache the ticker showed up in windows players.

Regards

Boxson

1 Like

That’s certainly a good thing to try, still I’m not certain why would it be needed, but sure @Thomas_Poli could you try to clear ticker cache and perhaps run ‘verify all’ on Modules page while you there as well?

I try to clear rss cache but nothing changes…nothing show on player and also in CMS preview…

Here is logfile with display in audit mode:

I’m out of ideas I’m afraid.

@dan any possible next steps?

if it can be helpful i notice that rss didn’t t work after CMS upgrade to 1.8.2 and deleting xibo library from client, for me the problem is to look in cms …