Rights management

CMS Version

Player Type

Windows

Player Version

R301

Issue

Hello,
We’re updating our CMS from 1.8 to 3.0.4 this month.
Technically, our upgrading tests are OK, but though I’ve tried really a lot of things and read the features management explainations, it still is obscure and I don’t manage to do what I want concerning the rights/features of users.
Would anyone agree to help me ticking the right boxes according to what I would like to authorize?
Thank you !
AS

Hi, Feature access in v3 is far easier to manage and understand. By using a combination of Feature and Share access options you can control what a User can access and the level of interaction.

Each Feature contains a Feature Set which when expanded will give a detailed list of options which can be enabled/disabled for Users/User Groups which is much clearer than the Permissions model in earlier versions.

Share options are applied to User objects and allow for View/Edit/Delete access to be set for Users and User Groups.

There are also pre-configured User Groups which have all the necessary Feature access already applied to fulfill the described role.

We also have an online training course which covers User/User Group creation and the setting of Feature access and Share options along with the benefits of using Folders, which you can enroll to here: Creating Users for the Xibo CMS | Xibo Signage Training

If you find that you are still having difficulty in setting the appropriate access, then please do post here to ask for Community support.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.