Restriction videos in certain players

Restriction videos in certain players.

Hello, imagine that in a city there are 5 players, which will be shown 10 videos.

But there is a video that should not be displayed in the player 3 “For example,” it is now necessary to create a unique layout for the “Player 3” and this layout to delete this video.
But this practice is not interesting, by creating unnecessary layouts and difficult maintenance.

But there is the possibility of excluding certain video players, it would be easier.

So, we would add 10 videos to layout 1.
We define this layou to be displayed in the 5 players.
Finally, we define the video “x” can not be displayed in the “Player 3”

So even the video “x” as part of the “1 layout”, it will not appear in the “Player 3”, the player will desconsidear video “x”

What about?

In my mind the use of restrictions will quickly become more complicated than maintaining separate layouts. Your idea works well when there is 1 or 2 layouts, but once there is 100 you won’t have a clue which videos are going to play and it will be very difficult for the system to tell you.

Usually the restriction is related to establishments of the same segment.

Maybe in future versions would be interesting to implement tags on each player and make the restrictions based on these tags.

For example, do not display a video of a restaurant in this video players that have the tag “Restaurant”, “Lunch”, “Pizzeria”.

We will certainly take that into consideration.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Hi, Dan.
I’m here again to see if you’ve thought about my suggestion.

• See my suggestion of how to implement:
    In the scheduling screen, after setting the “PLAYERS” option and the “LAYOUT / GROUP …” option, there would be another “RESTRICTION” option, where you can choose in which displays this layout will not be displayed.
    Note that the “RESTRICT” option will take precedence over the “PLAYERS” option.

That is, layout “L” has been scheduled for the group of players “G” containing the players “P1, P2, P3 and P4”.
But in the “RESTRICTION” option were selected the Players “P1 and P2”

In this way Layout “L” will only be displayed in the players “P3 and P4”, because even if the players “P1” and “P2” are in Group “G” the restriction rule will have priority over the “Player” option.

:grinning:

This will be of great help in the cases I quoted above. and will greatly facilitate the organization of restrictions.

I hope you consider my suggestion. :innocent:

You can already do that with display groups.

Displays can be members of multiple groups, so it’s simply a case of creating a group that contains P1,P2,P3,P4 when you want to target all of them, and P3 and P4 when you want only a subset.

So in an example, say these were restaurants, 2 of which have Drive Thru facilities, you’d create 3 groups:

All Restaurants - Contains G1 and G2 below
(G1) Drive Thru Restaurants - P3, P4
(G2) Non-Drive Thru Restaurants - P1, P2

In the schedule, you can then target drive thru, non-drive thru, or all restaurants depending on which is appropriate for that layout.

Thank you for using your time to help me.

But the situation is more complex than it seems.

I understand that it is possible to create separate layouts, but this becomes too complex, cumbersome, and difficult to manage as the number of videos that have restrictions increases.

To get easier:
Imagine that I have screens installed in 20 restaurants.

Each restaurant has its own video screen, and in some other restaurant, “but not at all” because some owners did not accept to display the video of the competition.

In this scenario, I have to create numerous groups of displays each, eliminating the players where the video can not be displayed.

• ALL DISPLAYS
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 5,9,10,11,12,20)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,3,4,5,6,7,15,16)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,3,4,5,6,7,10,11)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,5,8,9,18,19)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,20)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,11)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,3,4,5,9,10,11)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,3,4,5,9,19)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,5,8,9,18,19)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,5,18,19)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,3,7,8,9,10,11,15,16)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,3,4,5,6,10,11)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 5,6,7,8,9,10,17)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 2,3,4,5,10,11,16,18,19)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 1,2,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,19,20)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,15,19,20)
  • ALL DISPLAYS (without restaurant 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,15,19,20)

Using the solution I suggested, all of this can be avoided:

** It would be enough at the time of the appointment:

• Schedule the ad for 1 or more groups.
  • Select on which players it MUST NOT be displayed.
  • To save :sunglasses:

I really hope you understand the importance of this feature.

Cobian Backup already uses it, and that’s where I got the idea.
There, the resource is used to exclude specific files from backup, even if the file is inside a folder marked for backup.
“It would be necessary to create several and several rules, to move files of place, to solve a problem that the function” Delete of the Backup “did with a lot of elegance”

See below for the cobian backup.

I understand what you’re suggesting, but I don’t see how having to manually select 10 restaurants that a schedule shouldn’t apply to is any different from selecting the 10 that it should apply to?

Yes it’s different.

See that in the way you suggest:
01 - Multiple groups must be created constantly according to the display restrictions that arise. generating extra work and unnecessary time use.

02 - With many groups, in the scheduling, the group and display sealing list will be huge and it will also take more time and attention to select the correct group.

03 - The two issues above, will make errors at the time of scheduling, which is not interesting for the user.

In the way I suggested:
01 - Just in the scheduling screen itself, select the restriction in a Dropdown that will have the same content as the Dropdown “Displays”.

• Can you see the facility?
    Instead of creating multiple and multiple groups, and in each creation, lose a lot and a lot of time selecting the players that should be part, excluding those that should not be there. so only at the time of the schedule locate the group in an immense list.

Just make the selection in a single Dropdown at the time of the appointment!

It is much simpler, faster and intuitive! Do you agree?

No I don’t agree.

If you don’t want to make groups, then you can select multiple displays individually in a single schedule.

That’s really no different to selecting a group of all displays, and then selecting multiple ones to exclude.

Instead you just pick the ones you want!

Okay, well, I’m not going to take any more time with this questioning, my intention was to try to streamline the system.

I hope that in the future you will think about the possibility of setting restrictions more easily, through tags or otherwise.