Release 1.8 rc3 update not working

I had Release 1.8 rc2 Docker running without any real issues for basic testing. Updated to R 1.8 rc3 and had to update docker to install docker-compose on my Linux CENTOS machine. This server is at 172.16.10.211. The Apache server at port 80 is responding correctly.

With all that Docker update done and containers rebuilt, unable to connect to the Xibo Server at Port 8080. From what little I know, it would appear that DOCKER somehow is using an IP of 172.18.0.4. There is an error in the Docker logs

Starting webserver
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server’s fully qualified doma
in name, using 172.18.0.4. Set the ‘ServerName’ directive globally to suppress t
his message

suggestions where to look?

This is an internal IP address - the one your Docker container has - can you provide the output of docker ps so we can see how things are mapped in your new environment?

If you have Apache running on the HOST as well as the guest, have you made sure that you’ve follow the instructions for running on a different port? http://xibo.org.uk/manual-tempel/en/install_cms.html#using_different_ports

Did you use the custom ports template for your docker-compose setup? Otherwise the CMS will be on port 80 as that’s the default.

Alex/Dan thanks for the quick answers.

1. Yes, I used the cms_custom-ports.yml file as the instructions outlined. I changed it to 8080.
    I am running apache on this server also.

2. docker ps output

[dave@xibo ~]$ docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                    COMMAND      CREATED             STATUS              PORTS   NAMES
cff64a0cdf79        xibosignage/xibo-cms:release_1.8.0-rc3   "/entrypoint.sh"      18 hours ago        Up 18 hours         80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:65501->8080/tcp   xibodockermaster_cms-web_1
873d6f5e0622        xibosignage/xibo-xmr:release_1.8.0-rc3   "/entrypoint.sh"      18 hours ago        Up 18 ho  50001/tcp, 0.0.0.0:65500->9505/tcp   xibodockermaster_cms-xmr_1 
c4dc50fb58a2        mysql:5.6                                "docker-entrypoint..."   18 hours ago        Up 18 hours         3306/tcp xibodockermaster_cms-db_1

You might have swapped the wrong part of the ports config:

Template:

ports:
            - "65501:80"

You want:

ports:
            - "8080:80"

That was the problem, Thanks it was not clear to me what the format should be.
Also noticed a small typo in the documentation in the section Using Different Ports.
The filename to create is named cms_custom-ports.yml
the command to use is docker-compose -f cms.custom-ports.yml not a major thing

Thanks, i’ve created the documentation and added an extra note about the format of the ports statement.