Regarding on Remote Monitoring

Continuing the discussion from Remote Monitoring/Access Feature:

Hello

1. How could this features (Alert and Screenshot Request) be configured in the Xibo CMS? I would like to see the detail information for setting up it.

2. Is this feature available in Xibo CMS 1.7.6? If not, which version have this alert?

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

need help for remote monitoring

Hello Folks,

The below is from Dan’s response in the old topics ( Remote Monitoring/Access Feature) which closed now:

The CMS can alert you if a Player stops connecting for it’s updates per the schedule you’ve configured. That should tell you if the Player or the PC it’s running on isn’t working for some reason.
You can also request a screenshot be sent back to the CMS so you can see what state the machine is in.
There’s also a watchdog application for the Windows Player which can be run to ensure the Windows Player is restarted if it stops working correctly.
We don’t include remote control software for Windows. There’s lots of options out there at varying price points for Windows - Remote Desktop/RDP, VNC, TeamViewer. You should select whichever of those best suits your environment.

But, I would like to know how to set up alert, when device does not display layout that supposes to be displayed in detail in Xibo CMS dashboard. Also, which version CMS has Alert feature? I have 1.7.6 CMS version.

Your support would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Email alerts - under ‘CMS Maintenance and Email Alerts’ here Xibo CMS Post-Installation Setup Guide

As Dan has mentioned, request screenshot function, which also can be configured to take a screenshot of your display each x minutes and send it to the CMS.
On displays page -> request screenshot it will take one screenshot and send it to the CMS
On display settings page -> edit display profile assigned to your device -> advanced tab -> screenshot interval if you want to configure it to take the screenshot each x minutes.
It can be also used to send the status window information, please see ‘second option’ here - Getting the Player Status

On top of all that, as we already mentioned there are a lot of free/paid software to gain remote access to Windows PC.

Side note, it would be good to update to 1.7.8 both CMS and Windows clients.

hello Peter

I appreciated for detailed procedure. I have to look my Dashboard to follow up your comments.

Thanks,
David

Hello Peter

I am currently using CMS 1.7.6 on window device.

As I look at the link for second options,
“You can click on ‘filter’, from the view options select ‘screen shot thumbnails’ now you can access your requested screenshot (it will not contain the status window)”

Question:

1. Where is location for “view options” in the CMS. I could not find it.
  2. how to enable email alert and enter my email address in the CMS?
  3. After configure question 1 and 2, is it possible that we could understand screen shot instead of sending to you (Make a screenshot of this log and send it to us)?
    Therefore, if any issue are occurred, we could do immediately response for that.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

1. Please click on the image to fully see it.

2. "Email alerts’ section of this guide - https://community.xibo.org.uk/t/xibo-cms-post-installation-setup-guide/522/3

3. First few times you might need to ask us directly (support ticket) or here on community site, there is also quite high chance that whatever issue you’d see there was already reported, so you can use search function on this site and see if there is topic about it. After some time you should be able to understand what’s wrong without asking.

Hello Peter

Thank you.