Redirecting the CMS Url without changing in devices

Hello everyone. I would like to ask if anyone can help me with redirecting the old CMS url to new. As i have moved my cms to a different location. is there a way by which i can redirect without changing the CMS url in devices.

If the old webserver is still up and running, you could have it issue 302 redirects temporarily, but ultimately you do need to reconfigure the Players with the new URL.

Thanks Alex. I already tried the 301 redirect. It ends up displaying the redirect information but not the redirect. i would really appreciate if you can help on this. Thank you once again in advance for this brilliant solution.

Sounds like the redirect isn’t working for you.

You will need to reconfigure the Players in that case.

You will need to reconfigure the Players then in that case.

Thank you. Yes i am in process to update the url.

In the case of upgrading from version 1.7.9 to 1.8.9, my old folder was “cms”. After the update, it was: “cms / web”. After the update, I copied the “WEB” files to the “CMS” folder. Do not copy the folders, just the files. It worked very well for me.

You can’t do that I’m afraid.

You need to follow the instructions in the manual to correctly configure either the webroot of your webserver or an alias.

Files above the web directory should not be available to be served by your server. They must be protected.