Question Regarding Users

Hi there,

I tried looking for a similar question but I wasn’t able to, I’m sorry if this is a silly question but I don’t have much experience with this type of software.

If I have a client with 10 displays, the correct way to implement Xibo on Cloud with this client would be to add 10 network subscriptions to one Xibo account so I can then add the 10 displays, correct? And that allows me to create usernames for each of the client’s employees who will be changing the content on the displays.

Now, the question is, what would be the best way to work with two different clients? Is it possible and/or a good idea to simply add all the network subscriptions for different clients’ displays to the same Xibo account, and set up permissions so that they can only see/interact with their own displays? Or is it better to make separate Xibo accounts for that purpose?

Thank you!

While it is possible to set up permissions the way you want.

We generally recommend separate CMS Instances per customer, as it is in most cases easier to manage this way, often the CMS name is also related to the customer and you don’t have to set up special permissions to ensure that each user see only the items he should.

If you’re looking into hosting the CMS Instances in the Cloud Hosting provided by Spring Signage, then the price for 1 CMS with 100 display slots and 10 CMS Instances with 10 slots each is the same.

If you would be hosting the CMS Instances on your own server, I’d still recommend to have separate CMS Instances per customer.

Hey Peter,

Thank you so much for the quick reply, that was quite helpful!