Problems with CMS to XMR and Player not showing online content

Having now completed a new install of V2, I thought things had gone well.
I tried to replicate a display that matches an existing CMS186 and player setup.

I setup a windows player, registered it, and assigned the display to the layout, and the player worked as expected.

I Exported a Layout from a working CMS186 and imported into CMS2 and problems happened - static info worked, but dynamic did not. I wondered whether they were compatible so I then tried to re-create the layout manually.

I created a basic layout that showed just a picture in a region - worked OK,
I then expanded on the layout to show the flip clock - OK
I then expand the layout again to show Day of week, Month, Year - OK
I then expand the layout to show multiple entries where the picture is showing - problem;
2 static images show fine, but 1 image wont display which is drawn dynamically from the internet.
This dynamic image is currently running on a CMS186 setup with a different windows player so I know the source is good, and I know that the problem windows player PC does have internet connection as I can fetch the dynamic image from a url in the web browser.
I then expand the layout to show a ticker - problem;
The ticker also works on a CMS186 environment currently so again I know the source rss feed is good, but the ticker will not show in the V2 player on my V2 CMS. Again, I can fetch the rss through the windows player PC browser and it returns the xml.

On the CMS, the display shows all good - XMR registered and last updated as recent time.

So been looking at solutions and have seen much talk about XMR config. I can confirm my XMR is running and heartbeat is showing and that the local is 127.0.0.1:50001 and public is myip:9505 and myip:50002
When I press the letter I on the player, I can see XMR is connected, and that files have downloaded, but I also get a few error messages that I can not seem to find a resolve for;

1. on first load I get;
    a) Schedule - OnscheduleManagerCheckComplete ; Agent threads/XMR is dead.not updating status .json
    b) PopulateFromXML ; Unable to write [Item]
    c) PopulateFrom XML ; Unable to write [Commands].

Then repeatedly I get;
2) LogAgent - Exception in Run: Client found response content type of text/plain; charset=utf-8; but expected text/html. The request failed with the error message :-- there has been an unknown error with XMDS. It has been logged. Please contact your administrator.–.

I can see nothing in Logs on server. I have even got server on Test mode with full logging. Its like I am not getting any logs. What would cause this?

I also gets hangs on my CMS when I try various features like Collect Now, Send Command, Request screenshot. Invariably the pop up will stay on page with the Save and small cog spinning, but never clears.Something is clearly happening however as when trying the Request screenshot, eventually a check mark gets placed against screen and a broken thumbnail image icon appears. When I try to click on the broken icon image for thumbnail, I get a response of;
Failed to load image: /xibo-cms/display/screenshot/7?ca08211ca2e02d1e0dd3;
If I examine the xibo library physical folder store, I see c:\xibo_library\screenshots{various}.jpg
and they do appear to be valid thumbnail that I can see. So why or how is the reference link broken in CMS.

FYI, my CMS library is c:\xibo_library as it was recommended not to be part of the published /web folder. I also have my CMS setup so that just htdocs/xibo/web is published under an alias of xibo-cms under apache. Player is registered using http://{server ip}/xibo-cms

Can someone please clarify also, with debug on XMR should I see entries passing through between the heartbeats, as so far, I have seen nothing.

This is a manual build, not Docker.

Regards
Jason

Alright, found a nice little german PDF guideline for setting up and came across this nugget;

So my Ticker was over http, but my forecast was over https. From reading that, the ticker should have worked regardless, but it wasnt until I applied the caperms.crt file that it all started working (at least pulling info from the internet).

My old CMS186 was running on a different server which must have had this applied already, but my new server running CMS2 did not.

I have also upgraded to CMS201 which seems to have fixed a few CMS display issues like missing icons etc.

1 Like