Problem with ticker (missing chars)

Hello,

I have a problem with the newsticker under two Windows XP clients (SP3) with IE8 and net.framework 4.0.
The installed xibo-version is 1.7.3 (server + player).

I inserted a new region in a fresh layout with a xibo ticker and configured the ticker with a RSS feed.

Now the tickertext on the client is cut off on the right side of the region while the layout is playing. About two or three chars are missing there in every line.
I tried to make the width of the region bigger and many other things, but nothing helped to solve this problem.

See this picture

This is the source code in the xibo editor:

<p style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-size: 20px;">[Title]</span></span><br />
<span style="font-size: 12px;"><span style="color: rgb(255, 215, 0);">[Date] Uhr</span></span></p>

With my previous xibo installation (v1.4.2) there was no such problem with the same clients.

Does anyone know a solution/hint for this behavior?

Greetings from Germany
Henning

Can you try this?

I just wonder if some of the new styling is not compatible properly with IE7 on XP.

Hi Dan,

thank you for your reply.

I have tried the thing with the registry now, but unfortunately without success.

What I can say until now is (tested with Xibo 1.7.3):

1. Client: Windows XP Pro (SP3): chars cut off
  2. Client: Windows 7: chars OK
  3. Client: Windows 8.1: chars OK
  4. Client: Windows XP Pro (SP3) with activated CEF in Xibo: chars OK (but short black background of a region when a region changes the media + crashes of the Xibo Player sometimes)

I guess that this problem is related to the scaling: The ticker text seems not to be scaled (correctly) under Windows XP Pro SP3 (32bit).

As stated, with Xibo 1.4.2 I had no problems with the ticker under XP.

Greetings
Henning

Unfortunately we had to move on with support for newer browsers, etc. :disappointed: From your description it sounds like a problem with the older version of IE that is available on XP.

You could try changing this bit of code so that it always used the transitional template:

https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo-cms/blob/develop/modules/ticker.module.php#L711