Problem: Watchdog Launches Multiple Clients on Windows 10

Hi there -

I have the latest (1.8.1) software running on my server and a Windows 10 MiniX NEO Z64 running the client. Everything is awesome… except… when the client starts, it launches multiple copies. I =think= watchdog is thinking its crashed, so it starts a new one. I see these two errors loop on the display/client:

368 2017-05-11 14:12 Too many active processes
367 2017-05-11 14:10 Exception running server: Failed to listen on prefix ‘http://localhost:9696/’ because it conflicts with an existing registration on the machine.

Then at some point, the client will just crash (and then re-launch, thanks to watchdog)… and the vicious cycle starts again.

Any idea of what (1) may be causing the problem, and (2) what I can do to fix the issue? I’m hoping that the problem lies somewhere between the back of my chair and the keyboard.

Thanks!

That obviously should not happen - even if your client is crashing then it still should be only one active instance of it.

Could you open Windows task manager make sure there are no Xibo processes running (in Apps and in background processes), then Start Xibo client and see how many processes you have there?

It should be one for client and one for watchdog under ‘Apps’ in task manager.

Is something else using that port? I guess it could be that many instances of the xibo player running could potentially cause this error as well, if that’s not the case, then you could try to adjust this port number.